Junior and Senior Ensemble auditions for Snow White at Landmark Theatre on 8th September 2019
Prime Pantomimes are looking for Junior and Senior Ensemble members to appear alongside the professional cast of “Snow White” this Christmas!
Performance and dance ability are required but previous theatre experience is not essential. Please read the following information carefully and complete the below form. Please remember to bring the form with you on the day.
Venue – Queen’s Theatre, Barnstaple
Rehearsals – Evenings and weekends w/c Dec. 2nd. All ensemble will also be needed for the dress and technical rehearsals in the days leading up to the opening performance. These are still TBC.
Performance Dates – Friday 13th December – Sunday 5th January 2020.
Audition Day Information
- Venue – Landmark Theatre, Ilfracombe
- Registration will take place at 10:30 – 11:00. Please arrive promptly as we will start on time.
- This is not a chaperoned event. Junior ensemble must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the duration of the audition. Prime Pantomimes cannot be held responsible for any child not accompanied by a responsible adult at the audition.
- You do not have to book a place, this is an open audition.
- For the junior ensemble – Children must be no younger than 9 years old on the first day of performances and no older than 16 years old and in year 11 of school on the last day of performances.
- The senior ensemble must be 16 -17 years old.
- Please wear comfortable clothing and suitable shoes (ideally jazz or ballet shoes please).
- Please tie long hair back and if hair is very long, please tie in a bun.
- Make sure your child has water with them.
- Should your child be asthmatic, have allergies, or any other condition which requires medication, please ensure they have this with them.
How the audition day works
Auditionees will be taught a dance routine on the day as well as a short movement sequence for those children being considered for the dwarfs.
- The session will last approximately 2.5 hours
- Following the audition day, all auditionees will be notified via email as to whether or not they have been successful.
Timings for the audition day
- 10:30am – 11am – Junior ensemble arrive and sign in
- 11am – 12:30pm – Junior ensemble choreography
- 12:30pm – 1:30pm – Junior ensemble scene work
- 1:30pm – 2pm – Junior ensemble leave
- 2pm – 2.15pm – Senior ensemble registration
- 15pm – 3.15pm – Senior ensemble choreography
What we are looking for
We are looking for 2 teams of 8 members for the Junior Ensemble to perform in the show. Each team will take part in approximately half of the performances; however, they must attend all of the rehearsals.
7 members of each Junior Ensemble group will be cast as the dwarfs. Please note, the dwarfs will be wearing masks as part of their costume and act to a pre-recorded vocal track.
We are looking for 4 senior ensemble members to take part in all of the performances. They must be available to attend all rehearsals as they will play a number of characters which include villagers, forest animals, and the Queen’s army among others.
All juvenile and senior ensemble must be available throughout the rehearsal and performance period.
Once the show opens, children in the juvenile ensemble will be needed for approximately half of all performances and senior ensemble will be required for all of them.
Specific dates and times of rehearsals and times of your child’s performances will be made available once casting is complete.
Being in a pantomime is a big commitment and takes up a lot of your time during the Christmas period.
Children taking part in the pantomime must be available for all rehearsals and their designated performances as NO REHEARSALS OR PERFORMANCES CAN BE MISSED.
It will be necessary to take some time off school for rehearsals during the week before the show opens and for certain performances; therefore, your child must be educationally able to miss some schooling. Written permission from the headteacher will be required at a later date.
One adult female relative of each successful child is required to act as a chaperone for some rehearsals and performances. If this person does not already hold a valid chaperone licence, this will need to be acquired personally before rehearsals commence. More information on chaperoning will be made available to those who are successful. This is compulsory for all successful auditionees.
Each child taking part in the pantomime requires a performance licence. We will co-ordinate this but will require parental support to assist us in this process. A full Licence application pack will be sent to successful applicants following the audition.
Best of Luck and we look forward to meeting you on the day!
The team at PRIME PANTOMIMES
Don’t forget to fill out the form and bring it with you on the day.